As you might remember, since the launch of ChatFighters we wanted to have a tournament system in place (Site News #1). A few days ago Champion Maker started a tournament in our Forum. I took this as an opportunity to get the tournament system implemented. And today, we will launch the new site feature! It is still heavily under development, but the feature set will expand very quickly over the next days.
Some key features:
- A dedicated subpage for each tournament will be created. At any time, you can follow up on the stories, and the current ranking represented in a cool layout.
- Anyone can open a tournament, we start today with Champion Maker's one. This person has full control over everything inside the tournament.
- Only one tournament can be ongoing at a time.
- Participants get an icon on their profile and in chat.
- Winners will get a medal based on their rank to be displayed on their profiles permanently. The organizer can define up to 3 special awards (best jobber, best writer...)
- All participants will have a permanent icon showing their contribution to a tournament.
- Every tournament will have a unique icon a medal, provided from the organizer or chosen from some images we provide.
First Tournament: Chatfighters Championship April 2020
Enjoy and have fun!