Last month ChatFighters turned 1 Year! So much happened since then... and even more TODAY!
OFFLINE conversations in the Chat activated!
The best way to describe today's update:
New conflict management system:
Do you argue with someone on our site? Are you just about to report him?
Use our new conflict solving mechanisms:
Type: !rps (Rock Paper Scissors)
--> Great for public #lobby conflicxts too! Type in the #lobby: !rps @CharecterName to resolve ANY conflict like REAL FIGHTERS.
But now to the major part:
Another wish (what annoyed me personally too) was how the Chat handles offline Characters. Today the first version of offline Chat messaging goes online!
A new menu button is available in the #lobby on top of the room list, as well as in the chat menu: "Recent conversations."
- Private tabs are no longer closed if you reconnect to the Chat
- Private tabs open automatically if you switch devices
- Private tabs state are synced in real-time to all your sessions (devices)
- You can reopen any conversation if the member is currently offline.
- You can send chat messages if the receiver is offline in the Chat - (if you had a conversation with him in the past 30 days).
- If you received a chat message while you were offline, the tab would automatically open on your next Chat-login.
- You can access your private chat conversation for the last 30 days.
- You can sort for days and message lines in your recent conversations.
- You can 'pin' conversations by leaving them open as a tab.
During the next days, the system will be fine-tuned, and possible bugs will be crushed. - If you notice some misbehavior or bugs, please leave a comment or open a support case.
Feedback is welcome.
Today ChatFighters got a new Message system. I consider it BETA.
Over the next hours and days, it will improve. - Especially on Mobile.
Functions to come in the next days:
- Star messages will be back soon.
- Direct attachments of pictures.
- Search inside the messages
I know it is an early version, but getting your feedback that early in the process helps to develop it in the right direction.
So if you have any ideas or points you like to see (or find bugs), NOW is the time to speak up loud :)
Thanks for all your help in improving ChatFighters.
Update 6th of September:
- Fixed a number of issues related to messages from deleted characters.
- Sending a spam report and a generic "no interest" response works now.
- You can now see your starred messages in a list for each character.
- Your canned responses are now shared between your characters.
- You can select some individual messages from a thread to delete.
- Ability to download your messages in a .zip file is restored.
Coming up next:
- Outbox (list of your sent messages).
- Message search page.
New Forum is online!The Forum is divided into three categories, each having its subgroups.
The categories and the subgroups are not final. And whenever a topic is rising, and worth is own group, we will adjust the structure.
I think the new Forum represents a more modern look and a good understanding of what this Site is all about.
Result of the past survey:
I wanted to get a feeling and help to prioritize the pending ideas on my ToDo list. We have a clear winner and clear losers, and in between some draw. It helps a lot to develop the website in the right direction.
Thank you for everyone who took the time and voted or even left a comment. Please keep doing so also in the future!
When looking at the results, please keep in mind that I work on a new messaging system (which will include attachments of all kinds) regardless. I need the new messaging system for our App. Also, keep in mind that I work on MeetFighters and ChatFighters in parallel. Soon the Forum will update on MeetFighters too.
Both are longer projects and the features questioned in the survey are mostly additional weekend projects what can be squeezed in between for some change of programming variety :)
Thanks again for your feedback, and have a look at our new Forum.
Stay safe, and stay nice while you knock each other out!
The next site update will focus on the forum. The current ChatFighters forum was always meant as a temporary solution, and I think we more than outgrew it. The MeetFighters forum has a quite old design too, so it makes sense to redesign it with modern web elements. It will take roughly 30-40 hours of work. And I will work on it whenever I’m free.
After the forum is refreshed; What should the Summer Site Update focus on? On our support page and in the forum, I got a couple of good ideas, but I’m not sure how to prioritize them.
One side project is always ongoing, the APP what includes the redesign of the message system - it is quite outdated too.
I, for myself, want push-notification for messages or even the chat. But that is a huge task, and I want to squeeze in some smaller projects in between.
To help me focus on the right topics, please select the ideas and features you think should be prioritized the highest:
- Add TimeZone settings (63 votes: Acquaeterra, AdamianoX, Aine - Star of County Down, Alexander Friers, Allison S, Beast, Biglee, Blabash, Black Spark, Blaze Beraht, BomberB, Brody Archer, Capnramrod, ClobberedJobber, Commando Ivan Usov, Cyber Roller, DaddySam, DalSparks, Drakmis Howlfy, EuroTwink, Fighter42, Gregmat, GutBoxer, Guysmiley, hairychestroofer, Harryjones, Jake Jock, JDogATL, Johnny Thunder, jsimpson, KickboxerD, King Steve, Kurrt2005-The Crusher, Littleguy, Marios1991, Master, Matty Boy, matworker, Maxboxer, MuscleCason, Naked fighter, onemorerep31, Peter the bodybuilder, philman29, Queen Rose, Ranger, Ronan, SereneSin, Sheng, slamitdown, Sleeper09, Sleeperboy, SlimBoxer, Starfox, Steelgunz, Taylor Yates, The Blob, Tiny Weak Guy, TJ-Pro, tjrassle, Tyger, Valia, wrestlesquashed)
- Enhance the Dice experience. (I received some excellent feedback (forum and directly) to enhance the chat. But also, the current implementation is quite stable and flexible as it is now.) (28 votes: Acquaeterra, Agatuma, Aine - Star of County Down, Alexander Friers, Ariel the Beast Boy, Bartleby, Black Spark, blondbud, BoxingBob, boxnwrestle, Braskie427, ClobberedJobber, EuroTwink, Fighter42, Harryjones, Jakob, J B D, Johnny Thunder, jsimpson, King Steve, Likulau, Littleguy, Mandy, Maxboxer, Sam Boxer, TallDrinkofWater, tjrassle, Valia)
- Enhance the Search options and Filters incl. sorting options (story and characters search.) (47 votes: Acquaeterra, Big Tony, Blaze Beraht, blondbud, BomberB, Boxer-Boy, Boxingkat, BrutalBastard, Capnramrod, ClawMaster, ErikAtlas, EuroTwink, glovesupboxer, islandMuscle, Jake Jock, Jakob, Jayce the Jobber, J B D, JDogATL, Jonny Innocent, jsimpson, Killermeteor, King Steve, Kurrt2005-The Crusher, LowBlowWrestler, Mandy, Master, Matty Boy, matworker, MuscleCason, Mxdmlwrstler, Naked fighter, onemorerep31, philman29, pindownwrestling, Ronan, SavageMMA, Scotty McFlemming, SereneSin, Sheng, spideyfan, The Atomic Fist, The Blob, tjrassle, Wolvejong, wrestlesquashed, WrestlingFool)
- Add an option to search for real characters or 3D/2D characters. (38 votes: AdamianoX, Benji Jacobs, Black Spark, Blaze Beraht, BoxingBob, Boxing Jobber, Drakmis Howlfy, Ebony Twink, EuroTwink, Fighter42, fightgeil, glovesupboxer, GutBoxer, Harryjones, itsJake, Jake Jock, JDogATL, jhlg1234, JockBrah, joethechamp, Jonny Innocent, KickboxerD, King Steve, Klaus, MuscleCason, Naked fighter, Pat Russell the crippler, pindownwrestling, Rickp, SereneSin, SethChavez, Sheng, Taylor Yates, Tiny Weak Guy, Ty Castelle, ursrusso, wrestlesquashed, XenaFr)
- Enhance Story and Book creation (add attachments to the story, create stories by sending in emails) (24 votes: Ariel the Beast Boy, Benji Jacobs, Big Tony, BoxingBob, Boxing Jobber, Capnramrod, ErikAtlas, fghtrboi, Hard Sword Sameer, Henco Gutpunchee, jsimpson, Klaus, Lionmane8, matworker, MuscleBull Mark, Naked fighter, philman29, pindownwrestling, Ranger, Skaterboy Chris, Sleeper09, The Atomic Fist, The Blob, Valia)
- Add groups, with a group admin, members to join(and remove), dedicated chat-rooms, dedicated sub-tournaments, an own group landing page, etc. (49 votes: Acquaeterra, Alexander Friers, Alpha Crawford, AlphaHunter, Ariel the Beast Boy, Benji Jacobs, Blaze Beraht, Boxing Jobber, BrutalBastard, Butch McMann, DaddySam, DalSparks, Emily, fghtrboi, Gregmat, GutBoxer, Harryjones, itsJake, Jake Jock, Jakob, Jobberpunk, jsimpson, Killermeteor, King Steve, Klaus, LowBlowWrestler, Mandy, Marios1991, MuscleCason, Naked fighter, Pat Russell the crippler, pedro26, pindownwrestling, Ranger, Rickp, Ronan, SavageMMA, SethChavez, Sir Mike, Skaterboy Chris, Taylor Yates, The Atomic Fist, Tiny Weak Guy, TJ-Pro, Ty Castelle, Valia, Wolvejong, WrestlingFool, XenaFr)
- Focus even more on the APP and the message system! (35 votes: Acquaeterra, Aidan, Andyboxer, Benji Jacobs, Blabash, Boxing Jobber, Butch McMann, ClobberedJobber, DaddySam, Drakmis Howlfy, EuroTwink, Fred Samsa, Harryjones, J B D, Jobberpunk, Johann Brakkus, King Steve, Klaus, Mandy, Marios1991, Naked fighter, Pat Russell the crippler, pedro26, Queen Rose, rythebrick, Sam Boxer, SavageMMA, Scotty McFlemming, SereneSin, Sir Mike, Starfox, The Atomic Fist, TinyChris, tjrassle, Valia)
- Create a better Help page, it is hard to browse the site. (10 votes: Alexander Friers, BomberB, Capnramrod, glovesupboxer, Gregmat, GutBoxer, Henco Gutpunchee, Naked fighter, Pro WrestleBoy, Starfox)
- Allow voice chat in private chats (29 votes: Acquaeterra, Aidan, blondbud, Boxxerboy, BrutalBastard, ClawMaster, cyberbattle, fghtrboi, Hard Sword Sameer, Harryjones, heelwrestler, itsJake, ItsSuperSteve, Jocko, Johnny Thunder, Klaus, komir, Likulau, Naked fighter, Pat Russell the crippler, pedro26, Peter the bodybuilder, Quadmuscles, rythebrick, Sam Boxer, Skaterboy Chris, The Blob, TinyChris, TopTommy)
- Access a private chat even though the other person is currently not online (already possible over 'create a story') (47 votes: Acquaeterra, Alpha Crawford, Beast, Ben Brawler, Benji Jacobs, Black Spark, BoxingBob, cyberbattle, Drakmis Howlfy, EuroTwink, Fighter42, FighterBoy, Hard Sword Sameer, itsJake, Jake Jock, JDogATL, Jobberpunk, Killermeteor, Klaus, Kurrt2005-The Crusher, Mandy, Matt82, Matty Boy, matworker, MuscleCason, Naked fighter, Pat Russell the crippler, pedro26, philman29, Pro WrestleBoy, Quadmuscles, Rickyprowrestler, Sam Boxer, SavageMMA, SereneSin, Sir Mike, SlimBoxer, Steelgunz, SWAT COP BEAST, TinyChris, TJ-Pro, tjrassle, TopTommy, Ty Castelle, Valia, wrestlesquashed, WrestlingFool)
- Display who looked at my character (32 votes: Acquaeterra, Alpha Crawford, Ben Brawler, Big Tony, Boxingkat, BrutalBastard, DalSparks, EuroTwink, FighterBoy, glovesupboxer, Ian Struvinator, JaxThunderKatz, Jayce the Jobber, joethechamp, Johann Brakkus, Johnny Thunder, jsimpson, Likulau, Lionmane8, MuscleGeek, pedro26, Pro WrestleBoy, Queen Rose, Ronan, Sam Boxer, Skaterboy Chris, slamitdown, Sleeper09, Steelgunz, The Blob, Tiny Weak Guy, Wolvejong)
- Add a video function so that we can send videos in chat (11 votes: Bartleby, Biglee, joethechamp, komir, Likulau, MuscleCason, pedro26, Skaterboy Chris, slamitdown, Sleeper09, TinyChris)
- Other, please comment (4 votes: Biglee, EuroTwink, hardcorebashing, Mandy)
Thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas!
As you might remember, since the launch of ChatFighters we wanted to have a tournament system in place (Site News #1). A few days ago Champion Maker started a tournament in our Forum. I took this as an opportunity to get the tournament system implemented. And today, we will launch the new site feature! It is still heavily under development, but the feature set will expand very quickly over the next days.
Some key features:
- A dedicated subpage for each tournament will be created. At any time, you can follow up on the stories, and the current ranking represented in a cool layout.
- Anyone can open a tournament, we start today with Champion Maker's one. This person has full control over everything inside the tournament.
- Only one tournament can be ongoing at a time.
- Participants get an icon on their profile and in chat.
- Winners will get a medal based on their rank to be displayed on their profiles permanently. The organizer can define up to 3 special awards (best jobber, best writer...)
- All participants will have a permanent icon showing their contribution to a tournament.
- Every tournament will have a unique icon a medal, provided from the organizer or chosen from some images we provide.
First Tournament: Chatfighters Championship April 2020
Enjoy and have fun!